- Start With a Core Group, Then Build From There
- Mastermind Group Facilitator Training Class
- Listen to the Interview on Mastermind Groups
- Creating Mastermind Group Guidelines
- Do Mastermind Group Members Need to be in the Hot Seat Every Time?
- The Guide on the Side, Not the Sage on the Stage
- Why Mastermind Group Guidelines Matter
December 4, 2013
Many of mastermind group facilitators try to fill a 10-person group, often ending up in hot water (or not being able to begin the group because they can’t find the 10 people).
Here’s a tip: Start with a core group of three or four people. Get your guidelines in place and have a few meetings. This will help to solidify the group and work out any kinks.
Next, take a vote on whether it’s time to add more people. If yes, how many? Don’t add too many all at once. I’d rather see you add only one or two new people at a time. This will help them to assimilate into the group and for the group to become cohesive. As the Facilitator, you want to help people to fit in and feel welcome, and not allow cliques to form among the “old members” versus the “new members.” It’s all about inclusiveness.
There are many things to consider when you add new members to an existing group. Personality traits and individual goals either help a group to be more cohesive, or can break apart a group. Consider creating an outline of what type of people you’re looking to add to your group, then interviewing people based on that checklist.
Keep repeating the addition of new members until everyone agrees the group is full. If someone drops out of the group, take a vote to see if the group should replace that person or simply stay the smaller size. As the group Facilitator, one of your jobs it to create rapport and trust among the group members, both the existing members and any new members that are added to the group. Voting on group size and who to include will make all the difference in the world.
Need help with how to select members for you group? Read my blog post How to Choose the Best Mastermind Group Members for ideas.
By Karyn Greenstreet | | |
November 19, 2013
This class is for people who are ready to take their mastermind group facilitation skills to a whole new level. It’s perfect for people who already have a mastermind group formed, or are starting a new one!
Learn the expert facilitator’s art of being the guide on the side, not the sage on the stage.
You Will Learn
In this 9-week teleclass you will learn about:
- In this 9-week teleclass you will learn about:
- Using the six Mastermind Process Techniques
- Your role and responsibilities as a mastermind group facilitator
- How group dynamics impact your group
- Group Facilitation skills for mastermind group facilitators
- Creating and using a Mastermind Group Facilitator’s Journal
- Creating a Mastermind Member Journal to use with your members
- Creating trust in your group
- Helping members make decisions and choose a course of action
- Enforcing group guidelines
- Handling problem members
- Tracking group member progress
- Creating and using Prep Forms, Mastermind Matrices and Group Evaluations
- Lifting energy levels and sparking creativity
- Closing your meetings
- Dissolving your mastermind group
- PLUS: Get live, hands-on practice with your mastermind facilitation skills!
FOUR Great Bonuses
Bonus #1: A 62-page student guide in PDF format, chock full of advice and checklists, plus forms and worksheets for you to use as a Facilitator and to give to your members.
Bonus #2: Six streaming internet videos of a real mastermind group, so you can watch and learn from Karyn as she facilitates a mastermind group!
Bonus #3: A great way to get new members for your mastermind group! Once you register for the teleclass, you may list your mastermind group for free at The Success Alliance website, which receive 23,000 visitors annually looking for mastermind groups. You will receive an email with instructions on how to list your mastermind group once you register.
Bonus #4: You’ll get access to my private Student Website, where you’ll get more resources, and an online message forum where you can stay in touch with the other class participants during the 9 weeks of class. Access starts the day class begins.
What Students Say…
The class was excellent and filled with fantastic information. I am confident the class provided me with the foundation I need to launch my first Mastermind group.
The templates, instruction and rich conversation provided an excellent opportunity to learn and think outside of the box.
Length of Workshop
The teleclass series begins February 12, 2014
This teleclass meets one hour each week, for 9 weeks.
All teleclasses are 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM eastern.
For more details, and to register:
What Students Say…
Karyn’s Mastermind Group Facilitator Training was truly superb. She has the unusual ability to present rich detail which will be invaluable to me in leading Mastermind groups, while not overwhelming us with details, and keeping the big picture clear and focused. The most effective Teleseminar I have ever taken!
Center for the New Elder
By Karyn Greenstreet | | |
November 18, 2013
I was interviewed last week on the radio, all about the power of mastermind groups for small business owners.
You can listen to the free recording here on the Blog Talk Radio website.
And on iTunes here.
The interview is about 25 minutes long. Enjoy!
By Karyn Greenstreet | |